Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stairway to Heaven


First off, this is my first time blogging, so...please bear with me as I try to speak my heart. Secondly, I really wanted to share this yesterday, however, we had to make a late night run to Wal-Mart. As we were crossing the boarder back to the U.S. side, we spoke to an extremely nice CPB (Customs and Boarder Patrol) agent. He informed us that if we were planning on coming back the following day, we should be prepared to dress warmly. The forecast was for five inches of snow and for the temps to stay below 30. We were suddenly scrambling for warmer clothes, hats, gloves, long undies! Anyway, as a result, I did not get to blog the amazing time I had with my Lord and Savior in the Stairway at the orphanage. To begin my story, I have to go back a few months. After Pastor Steve Brewer came to our church and spoke his heart about the orphanage here and I had already committed to come on the trip, I had a dream. In the dream I was scraping a concrete floor under a stairway. I didn't think much of the dream at the time. I thought it was a might bit weird that I was dreaming about doing manual labor, but I have a lot of really strange dreams so...Fast forward to yesterday. We were given the choice of what tasks we wanted to work on for the week. We could drywall, paint, sand wood work, tile, and many more odd jobs that needed to be completed. I thought that I would like to learn how to do tiling. I filed along with my other fellow tilers to La Bodega (the warehouse). We selected the tools we would need to complete the work that the Lord set before us. Before any tile could be layed, we needed to prepare the floor to receive it by chiseling off anything that made the floor uneven. I grabbed my knee pads, chisel, ear plugs and saftey glasses and started to work. It didn't take long for me to forego the ear plugs for my ipod. I was working away at the even surface. I was facing south working on the far wall. I then turned my attention on the west side of the stairway. I was in the same position that I had been in, in my dream several months ago. I had an overwhelming feeling come over me, that the Lord was in control and had me right where He wanted me to be. The song that I was listening to on my ipod was "Set the World On Fire" by Britt Nicole. You will have to bear with me as I take the time to copy the lyrics for you.

I want to set the world on fire,
until it's burning bright for You.
It's everything that I desire.
Can I be the one You use?
I, I am small, but
You, You are big enough.
I, I am weak, but
You, You are strong enough
To take my dreams
Come and give them wings.
Lord, with You there's nothing I cannot do.
Nothing I cannot do!
I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
and mercy in the Father's hands.
Take my dreams...Come and give them wings Lord!
My hands, my feet, my everything, my life, my love...Lord use me!
I want to set the world on fire...Lord with You there...

Seriously People!!! Could you get any more perfect? I really don't think so. That is so how He works though. I am not sure how God is going to use me through this trip. Tomorrow, we will be going into Jaurez to feed the hungry children. We may not be reaching across the farthest land, but we are reaching with His hands and we are going to share His love for those hungry, cold children that He loves. He is giving us His heart for them. Our hearts are broken...we can only share His. We will tell them that there is healing...and mercy as we share food and toys....and Pan de Vida (bread of life).

Thanks for listening...and bearing with me as I ramble. I will leave you with some pictures of the snow....in Mexico...really...snow...in Mexico.





Again, thanks for listening,
Genny
P.S. I hope someone blogs about today...It was quite the adventure...and I am not talking about the snow!

3 comments:

  1. So many thoughts racing through my head! I'm so glad that you shared this with us. I love that everyone is jumping in...to share from the heart. *lovely!*
    I can't wait to hear more...and see how God returns you...completely changed. As difficult as it is to not be there...I am so anxious to hear of the work He is doing!!
    Thank you all for being willing to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting shivers just "listening" to you tell this. I can't wait to hear more when you all get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a follow-up...our God is soooo thorough! Lisa, one of the staff members at Tapestries of Life Ministries, prays over the list of names, and as she feels led she assigns jobs to each of us for the Mercy Day. My job...handing out Pan(Bread)...seriously!?! The night before I talk about handing out Pan de Vida (the Bread of Life) and then I get to hand out bread! I was blessed!
    Genny

    P.S. Thanks Amber for adding the song! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete